Sunday, June 21, 2015

Travels with Lucky Fernie, BC

We stopped in Fernie for a few days. I realized I was really tired of travelling and Lucky stopped eating and began to chew on his feet. Its kind of a nervous thing he does when he's not happy   We are on our third day here and he is eating again and sitting happily under a tree. I am a little discouraged, my paintings are not up to par. That's why I haven't posted any. I don't like any of them, I just have to keep painting until I get over this. I am having trouble with values, they are so important to show distances especially between all these mountain ranges!
Here is a photo of me painting

Painting Outside of Hope

outside of Hope.
 I believe these are the Selkirk Mountains. I am now back in the Rockies. Fernie is the nicest town! It reminds me of Banff when I was growing up, before it got so commercialized.
Fernie, BC
I am still working on a watercolor of the rain forest. I have to add a photo or two here to show you what it looks like. It is quite spectacular in a kind of creepy way.
Coastal Rain forest

Sunlight in the forest

It is so hard to get good photos I need my friend Mario to come and take some photos here, or Sarah!