Monday, June 8, 2015

Travels with Lucky Part Four

Lucky and I ran into some rain when we got to Saskatchewan so I stayed long enough to get some photos at the bird sanctuary but bird watching is hampered when you have a dog along....

We decided to continue to Terra and Darcy's in Olds. They live in the country with their dog, cat and 3 horses. The country is beautiful, rolling hills, fields and cattle amid oil wells and iron horses.
They have given me the most beautiful 5th wheel trailer to stay in. I  am feeling so pampered. This trailer has a garage in the end section that is now Lucky's dog house. There is a new family of foxes beside an old granary. Darcy put a camera on a tree close by and it has been taking pictures of the little ones, Yesterday as I walked past it I was able to get a picture with my cell phone,  Because of the foxes, Lucky and Bear (Terra and Darcy's dog) have to be tired up
Baby Fox
,


 My sister Sandy arrived with her mini Winnebago towing a little car behind, Yesterday we went to Ram River Falls,  Getting there involved a long drive on gravel roads into the mountains by Ya-Ha-Tinda (the government ranch) then a short hike up the river to the falls, A great place to sketch!

Terra on her way to the Falls

Ram River Falls

 This morning we left the dogs behind and went to the Red River Guest Ranch for brunch. Need to find some time to paint and draw... Having a great visit here,