Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Travels with Lucky Part one

I left the Ottawa area on May 22nd. I promised I would blog but somehow did not get not get organized with my photos, wifi etc. until now. It was late afternoon before I did all the last minute things, picking up repaired eye glasses, buying a new bed for Lucky etc,  I was so exhausted after moving all my stuff into storage, that Lucky and I made it as far as Renfrew and I booked into a hotel and had a long sleep. We then went on to Algonquin Park where I stopped to paint at  ( I forget which lake) I wrote it on the back of the canvas, I hope. It was very buggy, I was eaten alive by black flies so put on my bug screen hat. Then the wind came up so fiercly it took my hat right off my head, bug screen and all. Also took the bugs but that was enough for me so we packed up and went to Huntsville to stay with my friends Carla and Joel. They made us feel so welcome we stayed for days! About 5. Here is a picture of me with Tom Thompson.